BEST PRACTICES FOR BUG REPORTING
In order to file a great, useful bug ticket, here are some tips:
If you have experienced a bug before, check rdr-patch-notes and rdr-known-issues.
– If you see the bug has been addressed in rdr-patch-notes then file a new /bug report.
– If you see the bug in rdr-known-issues, then we’re aware and you don’t have to file a /bug report.
– If it’s in neither place but you’ve already filed a ticket about that bug, you do not have to file another ticket UNLESS you notice new information (like you suspect what’s causing it).
When giving a brief statement of the issue, include what mechanic is involved and how it is broken in brief. Examples:
– St. Denis Stable does not Spawn Horse
– Items sold to store remained in bag, still paid
– Respawn at doctor did not work in Tall Trees
Examples of poor issue statements:
– Hunting Bug
– IT’S HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!!
When describing the issue in more detail consider:
– What was I attempting to do when this bug occurred
– Did I recently have any menus open?
– What else is happening at the time (even if it seems unrelated)
– If it’s something that always happens, list out the steps to reproduce the error: First, I purchase a horse, the money is removed from my pocket, then I look in my manage horses and see the horse is not there.